Illuminati Investments

We analyze stocks based on your inquiries and if we believe a stock has great potential, and we introduce small start-up companies, and other entrepreneurial ventures. In addition, we discuss ways to improve businesses, social media, and new technology in the business world.

Sunday

Barbarians at the Gate: The leveraged buyout (LBO) of RJR Nabisco

Barbarians at the Gate: F. Ross Johnson, the CEO of RJR Nabisco decides that the time is ripe to take over his own company and enlists American Express. This kicks off a tide of other firms swarming in to tender offers. The outline of the film follows the actual takeover of the RJR Nabisco empire in a tongue in cheek way.




What Does Leveraged Buyout - LBO Mean?
The acquisition of another company using a significant amount of borrowed money (bonds or loans) to meet the cost of acquisition. Often, the assets of the company being acquired are used as collateral for the loans in addition to the assets of the acquiring company. The purpose of leveraged buyouts is to allow companies to make large acquisitions without having to commit a lot of capital.

Investopedia Says
Investopedia explains Leveraged Buyout - LBO
In an LBO, there is usually a ratio of 90% debt to 10% equity. Because of this high debt/equity ratio, the bonds usually are not investment grade and are referred to as junk bonds. Leveraged buyouts have had a notorious history, especially in the 1980s when several prominent buyouts led to the eventual bankruptcy of the acquired companies. This was mainly due to the fact that the leverage ratio was nearly 100% and the interest payments were so large that the company's operating cash flows were unable to meet the obligation.


1 comment:

  1. It actually hurts and bring tears to my eyes when I red comments of scammed victims ripped off by BINARY OPTIONS AND FAKE HACKERS. I know actually how it feels and hurts to lose money you have worked half of your life to invest with the thought of getting return when you are retired. I was a victim of such and I was scammed by a binary option platform I lost about $135,000 to them. It was a really hard time for me because that was all I have .. I was referred to Mr Gavin Ray who's an expert in making recovery of lost funds then I gave him a try and he successfully helped me in recovering all that I've lost From the platform, i was in shock because I couldn't believe this was possible because I lost all hope in contacting anyone on the internet,So I'm taking a step forward to render solution to those affected and help them get back every penny they lost.
    I recommend mr Gavin ray to anyone who want to make recovery of his lost funds he is an experienced Private Hacking and Certified Binary Recovery Expert with a spare master key his Service takes just within 72 hours. Contact him on his email gavinray78@gmail.com or Whatsapp +1 217-339-4023.

    ReplyDelete